Installing new Cores using FlashROM executables
FlashROM executables to update the
Vampire Core from AmigaOS 3.x.
BETTER to have a ready-to-use
USB-Blasterin case of serious issue.
See Installing new Cores using Quartus Prime Programmer for more information.
How to flash the Vampire using a FlashROM executable
- Keep a copy of the previous working Core.
- Having a copy will be useful in case of severe bugs in new release.
- Download one of the
- Run the
FlashROMexecutable from an AmigaOS 3.x Shell (
- Confirm the operation by typing 'YES' (in CAPS) and pressing RETURN.
- Wait until flashing is finished.
- NEVER switch off the computer during a flash operation.
- Do NOT use your operating system during a flash operation.
- Power Off your Amiga / Vampire for at least 10 seconds. Make sure that all devices that have their own power connection, such as Digital Video, Ethernet and USB-Blaster cables, are also disconnected during this time, to prevent power backfeed into the Vampire.
- Power On your Amiga / Vampire.
Last modified: le 2020/08/24 01:05