Table of Contents
Installing new Cores
Vampire boards can be updated to use the latest
Core improvements, such as:
- Bug fixes
- New features
- Speed improvements
- Compatibility improvements
Vampire Core contains the following modules:
- M680x0-compatible and enhanced CPU
- M68040-compatible and enhanced FPU
Two different methods
Method #1: Using .JIC binaries with Quartus II Programmer
This is the preferred method, because it is the only solution in case of a broken system (“brick”).
Quartus II Programmerinstalled.
.JIC binary filededicated to the target Vampire.
WARNINGQuartus II Programmer does NOT protect the Vampire against unsuitable .JIC binaries.
Method #2: Using FlashROM executables
This the secondary method because of the following risk:
FlashROMcan brick a weak board! Prefer Method #1 if possible.
- Runs directly from AmigaOS 3.x.
- Easy to use, totally configuration-free.
- Protects against incorrect hardware target.
- Reads the current revision and forbids flashing if wrong hardware.
- Updates the version string stored in the Vampire Core.