Frequentely Asked Questions
- Q: Where can I buy a Vampire accelerator ?
- Q: I have sent email to
Kipper2Kand had no reply.
V600 and V500
- Q: What's the hardware roadmap for Vampires ?
V500 V2+are available. After that,
V1200will be produced.
- Q: What's the difference between
- A: Following changes have been made :
- Rework on internal layers that will probably enable higher clocks.
- Modification on headers ↔DIL to support much better connectors who will ensure stable connection to the Amiga motherboard
- Tiny improvements on video-out again regarding internal layers
- I/O expansion header with support for WiFi module (AP, client mode)
- Logo update
- Q: When will
V1200be available ?
- A: That is difficult to answer, this is a spare-time project of a very small team. They will be available as soon as we can get them designed and tested and manufactured. Anyway, we are aiming to release an accelerator for A1200 in 2017.
- Q: What are specs of
- A: Final specifications have not been yet fixed.
- Q: Fine, but how much will
- A: As final specifications have not been fixed, price is currently not set.
- Q: I heard that there is a problem with
V1200connectors preventing it of being produced, is that right ?
- A: That concern has been adressed and a solution has been found.
- Q: Fine, how can I preorder a
- A: V1200 can't be preordered until we release it officialy.
- Q: This is emulating a
68060, right ?
- A: No, the Apollo Core is a legitimate
68000series processor. It is not an emulation any more than your current 68k chips are.
- Q: Can I display WHDLoad games through the digital out port ?
- A: Not yet but this is planned ! We advice you to get a 15kHz capable monitor in the meanwhile.
- Q: What
RTGresolutions are available right now ?
- A: The driver supports from
1920×1080, however, the Pixel Clock of the Vampire is limited, so you will need a TV/monitor that can cope with low refresh rates if you want to use large modes (e.g. for 1080p you'll need to run at 24Hz vertical refresh)
- Q: How many colors can the be displayed in
- A: All depths are yet available. 8, 15, 16, 24, 32bits.
- Q: Do Vampires have a
- A: Some FPU instructions have been implemented already, more will come later, but the full set of
68882instructions will likely not be implemented as there are many esoteric, unnecessary things in there.
- Q: Do Vampires have a
- A: MMU implementation is not currently planned for Apollo Core CPU.
- Q: Can I run
- A: Yes, you just have to modify SetPatch to
S:Startup-Sequenceto not fully load “AmigaOS ROM Update” and patch that file with our provided .pch patch.
- Q: What third party hardware is compatible with Vampires ?
- A: So far we have not identified any incompatible hardware.
- Q: Do we need to use
CardPatchwith Vampire V600 ?
- A: A600 do not have the
Cardpatchis not needed.
- Q: Can I boot from
- A: Current driver revision isn't able to boot from microSD.
- Q: Do I need to remove my kickstart ROM with Vampire ?
- A: You can but it's not needed.
- Q: My V600 keeps popping off, how can I stop this ?
- A: It may help to sand the
PLCC socket. V600s from kipper2k have already been sanded. You may need to slightly tighten the left screw holding the Vampire, but be very careful, tightening too much may crack the board, and/or damage the plastic mount.
- Q: Why am I getting crashes with
- A: Disable
S:Startup-sequence, it is not needed with the Vampire. If that does not help, post to our forum.
- Q: How can I prevent WHDLoad “NMI Autovector” errors from appearing ?
- A: Enable
NoAutoVecoption from your
S:WHDLoad.prefsfile. More infos in WHDLoad documentation
- Q: Since
GOLD2, Fusion and Shapeshifter don't work anymore (even with
PrepareEmul). What can I do ?
- A: Our new
exec.libraryreserves correct amount of memory the same way as RsrvWarm/Cold did. Only thing it doesn't do is moving the VBR to FastRAM. We recommend use of tools like VBRControl to move it to FastRAM.